Mini Caramel Apples Recipe
LEARN HOW TO MAKE EASY & DELICIOUS MINI CARAMEL APPLE BITES! EASY RECIPE, PERFECT FOR FALL PARTIES!
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- 18 sucker sticks
- 1 1/2 cups caramel baking bits or caramel chews of choice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Optional Toppings: crushed nuts crushed cookies, sprinkles
- Peel apples.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out apple balls.
- Insert the sucker stick into the apple. Be careful not to puncture the stick through the other end.
- In a small pot add caramel baking bits and heavy cream.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Fill a small bowl with icy water. Set aside.
- Thoroughly dry the apple with a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the surface.
- Dip the apple into the mixture, swirling to coat and being sure to get the caramel on the stick a little. This will help keep out the water on the next step.
- Immediately dip the caramel apple into the icy water for a few second to quick set the caramel.
- Dry the caramel off gently with a paper towels.
- Press the top of the caramel apple into desired topping if using.
- Place caramel apple into the fridge or freezer to finish setting.
- Remove from fridge of freezer.
- Repeat with all the mini caramel apples.
Do get the caramel down the stick about 1/4 of an inch to create a seal so the water won’t seep in.Be sure the water is super, duper cold and icey.Only dip the caramel into the water for a few minutes. You want a soft set, not a rock hard one.Gently dry the caramels off with a paper towel when they come out of the water OR place them right into the fridge or freezer. Be sure to squeeze the apple balls in a paper towel to remove the excess moisture BEFORE placing into the caramel. If caramel doesn’t cling to the apple then you did not dry it off enough. Source: https://divascancook.com/mini-candy-apples-recipe-candy-easy/