Ingredients Instant Pot Low Carb Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 6-8 Boneless Chicken Thighs Skinless Or With Skin*
- Sea Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Or Minced
- 2 – 4 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Zest Of Half A Lemon
- Juice Of One Lemon
- 1/3 Cup Homemade Or Low Sodium Chicken Broth **Please See Notes Below
- Chopped Fresh Parsley And Lemon Slices For Garnish If Desired
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
Instructions Instant Pot Low Carb Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Press the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot. (I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO)
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest and chicken broth.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Select the Manual (older models) or Pressure Cook (newer models) button and adjust the timer to 7 minutes.
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When done, release the pressure after 2 minutes, then remove your Instant Pot lid.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot using tongs and set aside on a large serving plate. Stir in heavy cream (if using) into the Instant Pot. (**If you like your sauce thicker – you can thicken with a cornstarch slurry (if not low carb) or 1/2 teaspoon of xanthum gum.)
- Press off and turn Instant Pot to SAUTE function. Cook and allow sauce to bubble and thicken. Turn off and add chicken back to the Instant Pot to coat with sauce. Sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Serve this Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken with a salad, cauliflower rice or spiralized zucchini noodles.
*For chicken breasts: use 3 breasts, sliced horizontally in half.
this recipe was adapted from ketovip.club