Easy Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet – best steak recipes, Grilled in a pan with juicy steak and crispy fried potatoes. Nothing fits together better than a garlic and potato steak! If you like steak, go crazy with this very popular package of garlic and foil steak, Fast Food Steak and Chimichurri Sauce Steak.
garlic butter steak and potatoes skillet recipe
Easy Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet with juicy seared steak and crispy roasted potatoes all oven baked in one pan. Nothing goes together better than garlic steak and potatoes!
Ingredients make Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet:
- 2-4 petite steaks *see note
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 pounds baby potatoes, diced
- 2-6 tablespoons salted butter, soft enough to mash with a fork one tablespoon per steak, plus two tablespoons for the potatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Instructions make Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Skillet:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine butter, garlic, and dried herbs and set aside. Season steaks generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with oil. Sear steaks for 2-3 minutes one each side until nice and browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add potatoes to the skillet, season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and saute 3-5 minutes until browned. Push potatoes to one side of the pan and return steaks to the other side of the pan.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Immediately after removing from oven, place a dollop of the garlic butter on each steak and the rest on the potatoes and let it melt over the food before stirring the potatoes to coat in butter and then topping with chopped thyme and parsley before serving.
- I’ve tried this with several cuts of beef and all have worked out to be delicious. I just look for the right size – steaks small enough in a 12-inch skillet and still cram a bunch of potatoes in there (usually steaks that are about 4-6 inches long), and a decent price. The steaks should be about 1 inch thick (I recommend staying away from very thin cuts as they will cook too quickly and end up overdone at the end!).
- Any oven-safe skillet will work but I highly recommend a cast-iron pan because it is the best for getting that awesome sear on your steak.
Keyword: baked, garlic, healthy, oven, potatoes, skillet, steak
this recipe is inspired from lecremedelacrumb.com